Privacy statement for the Eastern Ontario Drama League
Approved April 17, 2004 by the Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors will review this policy annually. The Eastern Ontario Drama League is committed to respecting the personal information of all the organization's patrons, members, donors, volunteers, board of directors, web-users and other stakeholders. In order to protect the privacy of our patrons, members and supporters, the E.O.D.L has the following policies.
Defining Personal Information
Personal information is any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact a specific individual. This information can include an individual's opinions or beliefs, as well as facts about, or related to, the individual. Exceptions: business contact information and certain publicly available information, such as names, addresses and telephone numbers as published in telephone directories, are not considered personal information.
Collection of Information
- The E.O.D.L collects personal information (such a name, address phone and e-mail address) only from members, donors and others who have actively shown or are likely to show at interest in the organization.
- Individuals will be informed about the purposes for which their information will be used.
- Composite tallies of website page views, search terms, and other traffic information useful for improving the design and content of our site. This composite information does not identify individual website users.
Storage of Information
- Personal information is stored in our database(s) and in hard copy files. Only authorized theatre personnel have access to this information.
- Personal information that is no longer required to fulfill the stated purpose will be destroyed or made anonymous.
Use of Information.
The E.O.D.L uses personal information to better serve our patrons and to expand our community. Primarily, this includes:
- mailings (by mail or electronic) and phone calls to provide information about tickets, memberships and donations
- mailings (by mail or electronic) and phone calls to thank supporters and issue tax receipts
- mailings (by mail or electronic) and phone calls to invite members and supporters to special events.
The E.O.D.L is committed to using personal information in a respectful and useful way. Patrons, members and supporters will receive information that we believe will be in their interest. The E.O.D.L will also commit itself to making sure patrons, members and donors do not receive more than a reasonable number of letters or phone calls.If an individual requests that their personal information not be used for one of these purposes as noted above, or for any other purpose, that request will be honoured. The individual's account will be updated accordingly.
Disclosure of Information
The E.O.D.L never discloses the personal information of subscribers or donors to any third party. The E.O.D.L does not sell, trade, or rent personal information to other organizations or individuals.
Questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of privacy legislation at the theatre may be directed to: Arlene Watson, Privacy Officer.
Updated: 27 March 2015